Natasha K. Jenkins, OD
Dr. Natasha K. Jenkins received her Doctor of Optometry degree at the University of Missouri - St. Louis College of Optometry where she was a four-year member of Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honor Society. Following graduation, Dr. Jenkins began practicing optometry at Scottsbluff Vision Clinic and became an owner of the corporation in 2013.
During her time at the University of Missouri - St. Louis College of Optometry, Dr. Jenkins was the recipient of the following accolades:
* Class Marshal for graduating first in her Class of 2007
* Dean's Award for Excellence in Academic Scholarship
* Faculty Clinical Excellence Award for Contact Lens Clinical Skills, Patient Communication and Interest in Clinical Research
* Missouri Optometric Foundation Excellence in Clinical Optometry Award
* Ozarks Optical Laboratories Excellence in Clinical Optometry Award
* Marchon Eyewear's Optometric Excellence Award
Prior to optometry school, Dr.
Jenkins completed her undergraduate studies as a Walter Scott Scholar at Hastings College where she
earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in biopsychology graduating Summa Cum Laude with High Distinction in 2003. While at Hastings College, she was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society and the
HC Lady Bronco volleyball and basketball teams. She also played violin in the
Hastings Symphony Orchestra.
Dr. Jenkins is a native of Western Nebraska having graduated as Scottsbluff High School valedictorian in 1999. Dr. Jenkins has been voted our community's "Favorite Eye Doctor" in ten Star-Herald Reader's Choice contests (see awards below) and was featured in Vision Monday national news magazine among those representing "The Next Generation of Optometry Leadership". In 2012, she was also named "Young Careerist" by the Monument Business & Professional Women's Foundation.
Jenkins is currently a member of the American Optometric Association, the
Nebraska Optometric Association and the Wyoming Optometric Association.